1. Welcome to my life in squares, March edition. As always, I caption these from left to right. 2. Travis exploring with me during a crazy snowstorm that hit Chicago the first week of March! 3. Foggy days and a frozen Lake Michigan. 4. Sunny with snow on the ground.
1. As the sunset faded away the sky literally became purple. I love this city. 2. A crazy sunny day that came just after all that snow. 3. A freak snowstorm. The biggest snowflakes and a crazy fog hit the city for maybe 20 minutes. It was one of the craziest things I’ve ever seen. I could barely walk outside and then all of a sudden the sun came out. Poor Chicago could not make up it’s mind this year about what kind of weather to have. 4. Seeing Nick Offerman at the Music Box. Travis loves him and I can’t tell you how fun it was to see one of our favorite characters (Ron Swanson) in person!
1. On our flight to Rome we saw the Alps! Still covered in snow. 2. Justin is EVERYWHERE. I’m cool with that. 3. Above the clouds…dreamy. 4. Our flight back to America. I watched FOUR movies IN A ROW. I used caps just to show you what a crazy thing that is for me. I usually can’t sit through one! It’s also pretty amazing that I didn’t fall asleep.
1. Our first night in Italy. Our hotel was on the left. 2. This is me at our first fancy dinner. 3. Travis at the same dinner. 4. Our first Italian sunset didn’t disappoint.
1. A glimpse through a crack in the wall as we explore a castle. 2. Looking over Assisi. 3. An Umbrian landscape. 4. One of many beautiful churches.
1. A rainy evening in Florence. 2. Seafood pizza. Seriously. So. Good. 3. One of my favorite places we ate in Florence. Everything was lucky boar themed, even these oil and vinegar toppers. 4. A very sneaky picture from the Accademia.
1. A view of the Duomo facade at night. 2. A view of the Duomo from a tower we climbed. 3. A closer view of the Duomo from the bell tower. 4. Another view of the Duomo at night. I really did love seeing this building from wherever we went in Florence.
1. A rainy day in Vernazza. 2. Loved these potted plants. 3. A cute and yummy breakfast delivered to our room. 4. I am obsessed with the colors of Italy. Most of my pictures were of doors, walls, and textures.
1. Rome! Our last stop on our trip. 2. Julius Caesar statue. 3. A peek of the Arch of Constantine from the Colosseum. 4. Don’t you just love the Colosseum at night? It just shines.
Note: In this months review of Instagram pictures you’ll notice a lot of pictures don’t show up in my Instagram feed. While in Italy I did use instagram but because I didn’t have wi-fi they were never actually posted. I thought about pushing all 20+ italy instagrams through at once and decided that was just too obnoxious. Regular instagramming will resume now. ;)